Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 23, 2007

Help me to make my prideful heart contrite O' Lord!

But he said that the things which come out from a man, they defile a man. For from within out of the heart of men proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and defile a man. - Mark 7: 20 - 23

Our Lord tells us that pride is a very bad thing. Just look at some of the things it is listed with. I had to be reminded of this. Like all I struggle with various sins, some more often than others. Yesterday afternoon I had a passing thought of, "Hey, it's been a while since I've done that. I'm doing pretty good." Well I'm sure you can see where this is headed. Several hours later that particular temptation presented itself and I fell hard. That's what I get for going and being prideful if even for just a moment.

In the confessional today my priest agreed. He suggested that we should live for the moment and not dwell on the past. Don't allow the thought of, "it's been a while, I'm doing good!" to enter our minds. For as soon as we do we open ourselves up to that very temptation.

No comments: