Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Go and Proclaim, "I have seen the Lord!"

Jesus said to her, “Stop holding on to me,
for I have not yet ascended to the Father.
But go to my brothers and tell them,
‘I am going to my Father and your Father,
to my God and your God.’”
Mary went and announced to the disciples,
“I have seen the Lord,”
and then reported what he had told her.
John 8: 17 - 18

Christ's instruction to Mary Magdala is an instruction to us all. While we should cling to Jesus we must not hold him to ourselves. We are to go forth and tell our brothers and sisters, "I have seen the Lord!"

Our every action and every word should shout out, "I have seen the Lord, and He is risen!"

I must admit that I often fail miserably at this. I know that many of my actions and words are far from proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ.

I confess to almighty God,
and to you,
my brothers and sisters,
that I have sinned through my own fault,
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done,
and in what I have failed to do;
and I ask blessed Mary,
ever virgin,
all the angels and saints,
and you,
my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.

How gracious our God is to give us the sacraments and the support of our brothers and sisters in prayer. Alone, in our fallen human nature, we would not be able to follow our Lord's instruction. It is by His grace alone, obtained for us through His provisions, that we are able to go forth and tell our brothers, "I have seen the Lord!".

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Very good post. Thought provoking.