Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Seeing God

"When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you, says the Lord" - Jeremiah 29: 13-14

One of the things that I have been reflecting on the past few days is when and how I see God every day. We believe that God is omnipresent, that he his all around us, but do we actually SEE Him?

Do I look for Christ in other people? Do I interact with them in an appropriate manner in regards to the fact that we are "created in the image of God"? Do I appreciate the things around me as the creation of God and a reflection of His Glory?

I think that I am too often distracted by the material matter of this world and forget to realize God's presence in all things. So I have decided to take time to reflect upon when, where, and how I have seen Christ each day.

Today's Jesus Sighting:
This morning I decided to walk to work. My walk took me by contruction projects, my parish church, large trees, birds, squirels, etc. Obviously, I saw Christ when walking past the church. I think of the community that gathers there and how we are part of the visible Church on Earth. But as I reflect I can also see Christ in something as simple as the construction of a building. Such endevours wouldn't be possible without the abilities to think, imagine and build given to us by God. Everything else I saw this morning is also a reflection of God. The trees, grass, and animals, they are all part of God's creation. And as is said in Genesis, "it is good". The way that the entire world and everything in it works together gives us but a glimpse of the magesty of God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should try to put this into a poem.