Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 19, 2006

Listening to the Holy Spirit


Today, I attended a noon Mass at St. Edwards Catholic Church in Texarkana, AR. In his homily the priest talked about how the Church is led by the Holy Spirit. He talked about how that which we don't want to hear, but keep being told, may be the voice of the Holy Spirit and to expect Him to speak to us through unexpected means. I think way to often we get wrapped up in wanting a big booming definative answer from God that we miss many of the subtle things he is trying to tell us. We must listen for the voice of God everyday. If we listen we will hear Him.

Today's Jesus Sighting:

At Mass today, there was a young mother with her two children. The boy was maybe a year old and the girl was somewhere around four or five. I was reminded of when Christ said, "Let the children come to me and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Amen, I say to you, whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it." -Luke 18:16-17. Of course the mother had problems with the children making noise and generally doing what small children do. But that didn't matter. What did matter was that a young mother was taking the time to takl her children and go to Mass at noon on a Friday. I saw Jesus Christ in this young family today. I was inspired and led to hope that one day I will take my children to daily Mass. The world would be a much better place if more people attended daily Mass, it would be even greater if more people took their children. Not to say that I've attended very many weekday Masses. I hope that it will soon be part of my normal routine.

No comments: